CKNA’s student program can be an incredible opportunity for college students. It provides the opportunity to earn money for college expenses while you learn.
What Are The Candidate Requirements ?
- Students must have a GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Engineering related fields require a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher must be maintained during the assignment
- A GPA of 2.8 must be maintained for Engineering related.
- Jr. or Senior academic status is required.
What is The Work Schedule ?
- May work full time during Spring, Summer or Fall term
- Or, may work part time around school schedule if business needs allow
- Full year term may be worked; however, renewal is on a semester to semester basis
Hours must be during standard first shift business hours. The exact hours and days worked will be coordinated with the student’s department manager to fit the department’s business needs and the student’s class schedule. Hours for each position will published in job advertisement information and discussed with the students during interview sessions.
How are Interns selected ?
- Business Needs of the Company
- Student Academic Performance
- Relevant Experience
- Performance During Interview
- Area of Study
CKNA offers Internships and Cooperative Education in several fields:
- Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electronic and Electrical)
- Human Resources
- Computer Science
- Industrial Environmental Science and Safety
- Business Administration and Management in Production and Non-Production
What is The Pay Rate ?
Co-op / interns are paid on an hourly basis. College starting rate projections are gathered annually from survey sources to ensure pay rates remain competitive. Co-op / intern pay rates are calculated as a percentage of the applicable college starting rate for the particular academic discipline.
The pay rate at which the student is initially placed into the program at is based on academic year status and field of study.